As on 31.03.2016, large number of vacancies of Principal, Vice Principal, PGTs, TGTs, Miscellaneous Category of Teachers, Regional Language Teachers and Non-teaching cadre were vacant in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, detail as given under:
||Number of vacancies
||TGTs & Regional Language Teachers
||Miscellaneous Category of Teachers
Keeping in view the academic interest of the students foremost, priority was given to fill up the vacancies of teachers first. A massive recruitment drive was undertaken by publishing an advertisement in the Employment News dated 10-16th September, 2016 for filling up of vacancies of Assistant Commissioner, Principal, PGTs, TGTs, Miscellaneous Category of Teachers, Regional Language Teachers on direct recruitment basis. It was categorically mentioned in the advertisement that majority of vacancies are in North East Region and Hard & Difficult Stations. This recruitment drive 2016 was undertaken for filling up of 2328 vacancies.
To ensure the transparency and fairness in the recruitment, credible recruitment agency was searched and in consultation with Ministry and EC, CBSE was requested to take up the direct recruitment process. The main features of the recruitment process are as follows:-
1. Development of recruitment portal designed by the CBSE (Recruitment Agency) in consultation with NVS for seeking online applications from the eligible candidates.
2. Encrypted personal data of Candidates for maintaining the secrecy
3. OMR based Written examination at different stations all over country.
4. Scanning of OMR sheets at the Exam centres and then online uploading it
5. Video coverage of the examination
6. Examination was conducted at centers all across the country on 04.12.2016 & 11.12.2016.
7. Uploading of OMR Sheets together with the answer keys in r/o all the candidates appeared in the written examination on the designated recruitment portal for information of all concerned with the provision to download it after conduct of written examination
8. All communication with the Candidates through portal so that human interfacing is minimum to reduce corrupt practices
On the basis of this recruitment drive 2016, 02 posts of Assistant Commissioner and 102 posts of Principal have already been filled up. Recruitment process to fill up 838 posts of PGTs has been completed and offer of appointment to shortlisted candidates have been issued. With this more than 95% posts of teachers have been filled up in the north east.
To reduce subjectivity in the recruitment process and as per Government policy of reducing or eliminating interview marks in recruitment process, following steps were taken:-
1. Reduction in Weightage of interview marks from 20% to 10% in case of PGTs
2. No interview in case of TGTs
3. Merit list on the basis of joint marks of Written and interview instead of qualifying marks in interview.
As skills and Trade are involved for the post of Miscellaneous Category of Teachers (Art, Music & PET), interview are to be conducted. List of shortlisted candidates for interview to fill up 274 vacancies of Art, Music & PET (Male & Female) teachers has been uploaded on the website of the Samiti as well as designated recruitment portal for information of all concerned. Interviews are proposed to be conducted shortly. As interview is also dispensed with for Regional Language Posts, Verification of documents / eligibility of candidates for 244 vacancies is also proposed to be completed shortly.
DPC for promotion of PGTs to the post of Vice Principal has been convened and 33 PGTs have been promoted to the post of Vice Principal. Rest of vacancies of Vice Principal could not be filled up due to non-availability of ST candidates in the zone of consideration.
Steps taken to ensure the transparency and fairness in recruitment drive 2016 viz. calling applications online through designated online portal, uploading of OMR sheets together with Answer Keys on the recruitment portal for information of all concerned proved immensely beneficial in following ways:
i) RTI queries are almost negligible
ii) No legal issue has cropped up till date related to recruitment drive 2016.
Recruitment to the non-teaching posts was being done by respective Regional Offices. However lot of complaints and discrepancies were found and all pending process has been cancelled. To ensure the transparency, fairness and same methodology, it has been decided to centralize the recruitment of non-teaching posts however, application will be received region wise for these posts.
An MOU has already been signed with Ed CIL and work related to conduct of online written examination for direct posts and LDE for promotional posts has been assigned to Ed CIL. As some of the ROs have already initiated the recruitment process viz. issuance of advertisement, calling of application etc., they were asked to submit all the records to Ed CIL for consolidation and data entry. All the ROs have reportedly submitted their data of recruitment to Ed CIL and all the data entry has also been completed by the agency. A draft centralized recruitment advertisement has also been attempted and being finalized. Efforts are being made to complete the recruitment of Non-Teaching posts and LDE for promotional posts by conducting online examination shortly. It will be completed by December, 2017.